Can I buy A New Home Before Selling My Current Home?
Are you looking to buy a new home while selling your current one?
If so, they may be stressing out about how they're going to finance their new home. In fact, they might not think it's possible. But with our Simple Bridge, we can help you ease their home buying journey!
Simply put, Simple Bridge is a short-term loan used to bridge the gap between buying a home and selling the previous one. Our conventional loan clients are given the chance to borrow against a portion of their current home's equity to make a down payment to a new home.
- $500 origination fee
- $250,000 maximum loan amount
- 6-month balloon term with interest-only monthly payments
- Option to renew an additional 6-months for a $2,000 fee
- 90% maximum combined loan-to-value (CLTV) ratio
- Interest Rate of 4.50% (5.575% APR) if less than or equal to 80% CLTV
- Interest Rate of 5.50% (6.587% APR) if greater than 80% CLTV
- Associated closing costs can be rolled into the bridge and paid out of loan proceeds
- The loan will be originated by our lending partner
- The borrower does not need to have the future primary residence identified to qualify for a bridge loan
- Desktop appraisal with an exterior inspection will be obtained to value the subject property
- Only requires a title search (unless the bridge loan will be in a 1st lien position) closed with a mobile notary
Terms & Qualifications
- The borrower must be working through us to obtain a conventional primary residence purchase loan
- Collateral must be the borrower's current primary residence
- A credit score of 680 or above
- Max debt-to-income (DTI) ratio of 50%; must include payments for departing residence, bridge loan, and new residence
Programs and rates are subject to change. Please reach out to us for your specific scenario.
* Specific loan program availability and requirements may vary. Please get in touch with the mortgage advisor for more information.